In response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Child Care Choices of Boston offices will be
CLOSED to clients
until further notice.
We have limited staff who are working both remotely and in the office. They are available mostly by email to assist clients to the best of our abilities. Please click here for additional staff contact information or here for email addresses.
The Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) is working to support providers, families, and communities as quickly as possible. EEC will ensure programs have the information they need to prepare for reopening. Every program chooses their own timeline for reopening. Please look for additional information on the Department of Early Education and Care website and in CCFA.
Guidance related to Early Childhood Education Programs and Families with Vouchers
If your child is enrolled in subsidized care (has a voucher), your child will still be eligible for care once all programs reopen. The temporary closure of all child care programs will not impact any eligibility for care. If your subsidy/voucher was due to expire before July 31, 2020, EEC granted extensions for all subsidies/vouchers.
- All families whose 12 month authorizations that had an end date of 3/16/2020 through 7/31/2020 automatically received a 6 month extension on the authorization end date.
- Families who had a provisional authorization (8 or 12 weeks) that had an end date of 3/16/2020 through 7/31/2020 automatically received an additional 12 week provisional authorization.
- For authorizations that expire starting August 1st EEC has created a streamlined reauthorization process that is designed to help families keep their voucher even with unpredictable employment or service need and without a requirement for an in-person appointment.
- EEC paid for all child care subsidies during the closure in order to provide needed revenue to help child care providers so they can continue to operate and not close.
- EEC has been paying the parent copay portion of voucher subsidies during the closure period starting March 23, 2020 and will continue to do so for all families through Fall 2020. Parents and providers will be notified at least 2 weeks prior to the reinstatement of parent fees.
If you are a client and you have questions or concerns, please contact your Family Services Specialist.
If you are a Child Care Provider and you have questions or concerns, please contact the Provider Services Staff by email:
Voucher Providers should be sure to pay close attention to daily notices posted in CCFA for more information.
More information can be found here:
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this turbulent time.